At Hilton, we’re looking for talented Reservation Sales Interns who will serve as the first point of contact for our hotel brands. In today’s digital world, we value human hospitality, and are innovating to lead the way in providing a customer-centric experience for our guests.
This is a challenging, yet rewarding role, so we’re looking for interns with excellent communication skills, a persuasive sales ability, and a world-class customer service mentality. We’ll make sure that you’re equipped to answer calls with efficiency and with a great deal of emphasis on delivering personalized solutions for each guest. And the best part is – you get to work from home!
This internship will last 10 weeks during the summer of 2017, from June 5-August 11, with orientation on May 31.
Hilton work-from-home internships are available for students residing in, or who have permanent residence in, the following states: Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Florida, Georgia, Idaho, Illinois, Indiana, Iowa, Kansas, Kentucky, Louisiana, Michigan, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, Ohio, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, Wisconsin, and Wyoming.
What you will be doing:
- Answer the telephone and greet prospective guests in a friendly manner to create a superior guest experience.
- Listen to and acknowledge callers to ensure understanding of inquiries and deliver personalized travel solutions.
- Utilize solution-oriented sales skills to maximize revenue for our hotels and business partners worldwide.
- Provide accurate information regarding availability, sales promotions, accommodation types, transportation to and from hotels, rates, etc.
What we will expect of you:
- A positive attitude including high energy, strong communication skills and the ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to meet specific sales goals and metrics on a daily basis. Examples of metrics include: number of hotel bookings, average rate per hotel room you book, upselling, cross-selling and customer satisfaction score thresholds.
- Perfect attendance, every day of your schedule.
- Your ability to work in a quiet environment, free from noise and distractions for your entire shift.
- Availability to work 40 hours per week, including some weekends and holidays.
What you can expect of us:
- Practical learning opportunities with hands-on work to help build your skills and resume for post-graduation.
- The opportunity to think critically and make suggestions on innovations and improvements.
- A positive virtual work environment, with a dedicated supervisor and mentor
- Opportunities to hear from senior leaders about their career paths, as well as advice and guidance for today’s young professionals.
- The opportunity to work on a virtual team project, and present your recommendations to our leadership team at the end of your internship.
- You are currently enrolled at an accredited 4 year university.
- You have at least 6 months of job experience, where you interacted with people.
- You have the ability to set up job related computer equipment, run various computer programs, troubleshoot and fix issues independently.
- You are computer proficient, including the ability to type and talk while successfully navigating and maneuvering across multiple applications simultaneously.
- You have excellent communication and active listening skills, including the ability to speak, read and write fluently in English.
- You have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- You have proven leadership or volunteer experience in academics, extracurricular and or/civic organizations.
- You have experience working in a performance driven role with specific metrics/goals for a minimum of 6 months.
- You work well with people, can negotiate, overcome objections, and/or upsell/cross-sell.
- You’ve previously held a Work at Home job.
- You have experience with virtual training, which required you to complete self-paced modules.
- You have experience in the hospitality industry.
We are pleased to provide all of our interns with the technical hardware equipment for you to perform in your role including desktop terminal/hard drive, monitor, webcam, keyboard & mouse, headset, flash drive, speakers, surge protector, Ethernet cable, and VoIP phone line.
Interns must provide the following:
- High speed wired internet connection (wireless is not permitted).
- Home office free from background noise and distractions.
After submitting your application, you will be invited to take a digital interview through HireVue. Please check your email, including Spam folders, for your invitation from HireVue with a link to complete your video interview. After submitting your video interview, and if your qualifications meet our requirements, a recruiter will contact you regarding next steps in the process, to include a final video interview via HireVue.
See Job Description above for Qualifications.