Located in the heart of Washington, DC, the Washington Hilton hotel is situated near the capital's most sought-after neighborhoods. Our guests enjoy the best entertainment and nightlife Washington has to offer at the nearby Adams Morgan, Woodley Park and the U Street Corridor. This Washington, DC hotel is one mile from the Smithsonian National Zoo and only four blocks from the Dupont Circle Metro. Discover iconic Washington attractions including the White House, National Monument and Lincoln Memorial.
This beautiful complex hotel boasts 1,070 guest rooms and caters to meetings and social gatherings in our versatile meeting rooms providing up to 110,000 sq. ft. of flexible event space.
The Senior Sales Manager serves as the hotel representative to prospective clients and customers who need to rent rooms, meeting space, food and beverage service, etc. Responds to sales inquiries, initiates new sales, prospects and qualifies leads and solicits potential clients, entertains clients, conducts site visits and answers questions, determines rates, prepares proposals, negotiates contracts, services accounts and analyzes lost business for the hotel/s. Develops sales plans and strategies to meet or exceed established revenue and room night goals. Works with various departments to ensure requested services are provided to customers.
What will it be like to work for this Hilton Brand?
One of the most recognized names in the industry, Hilton Hotels & Resorts offers travelers a world of authentic experiences. Hilton remains an innovative, forward-thinking hospitality leader by offering best-in-class products, services and amenities to ensure that every guest feels cared for, valued and respected. From inaugural balls and international award galas to business events and personal moments, Hilton is where the world makes history, closes the deal, toasts special occasions and gets away from it all.
Hilton Hotels & Resorts is one of Hilton Worldwide's ten market-leading brands. For more information visit www.hiltonworldwide.com. If you understand the importance of upholding a brand's reputation and what it takes to provide a globally recognized hospitality experience, you may be just the person we are looking for to work as a Team Member with Hilton Hotels & Resorts.
What will I be doing?
The Senior Sales Manager responsibilities includes helping grow business in both the corporate & local negotiated segments as well as overall Consortia business. To further penetrate existing accounts as well as procure new business for the DC cluster of 14 Hilton managed properties.
- Solicits the travel arrangements of local, out-of-town companies, and consortia/travel agencies by phone, email, sales calls and agency presentations to secures their commitment and encourage their employees business to stay with the Mid Atlantic Cluster hotels.
- Assists/participates in the entire annual rfp process. Helps with the Qualifier and Wish/Walk process, as well as responds to rfp’s and rebids.
- Take travel arrangers of local out-of-town companies, associates, and travel agencies on site inspections of the hotel to encourage them to promote our facilities to their business travelers.
- Prepares correspondence, proposals, contracts, & reports associated with the customer solicitation process and documents sales progress for supervisor.
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- Customer Focus
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!