What will I be doing?
The Staff Accountant/Accounts Payable should have energetic forward-thinking characteristics that project the Finance department forward with a rapid growing company. The Staff Accountant/Accounts Payable should be able to think outside the box to fine tune and streamline current processes while remaining compliant with Hilton policies and procedures.
The Staff Accountant/Accounts Payable will be responsible for a variety of duties in the Finance department including but not limited to:
- Daily income analysis and audit
- Daily reporting of revenue, expenses, and labor
- Vital role during month end close including monthly journals, tracking, and research & analysis
- Pay and record bills upon verification of accuracy, back-up documentation and appropriate approvals
- Complete month-end responsibilities
Coordinate receiving tickets, purchase orders and invoices for proper coding and approval signature
Ensure all accounts are current, reconcile vendor statements and maintain record of payments
Conduct research, follow up with vendors and prepare reports, as needed
Qualifications for Staff Accountant/Accounts Payable:
- Minimum 1 year accounting experience
- Fluent in English with good communication skills
- Professional presentation
- Microsoft Office experience
- Strong Excel experience
- Ability to work with maximum accuracy
- Efficiency and attention to detail, maintaining a keen sense of urgency at all times.
- Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize in a fast-paced work environment, must be self-directed, motivated and demonstrate exceptional customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent ability to communicate clearly, concisely, and openly in all interactions.
- Ability to actively demonstrate initiative in job performance, including anticipating what needs to be done before it becomes a necessity.
- Excels in a team environment.
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of guest information and pertinent hotel data
- 1-3 years of Income Audit experience
- 5 Star hotel\restaurant experience highly preferred
- Luxury experience
- Training in Forbes standards of service preferred
- Strong preference for candidates with additional language skills in German, French, Spanish, Arabic, Japanese, Korean or Chinese
What are we looking for?
Since being founded in 1919, Hilton has been a leader in the hospitality industry. Today, Hilton remains a beacon of innovation, quality, and success. This continued leadership is the result of our Team Members staying true to our Vision, Mission, and Values. Specifically, we look for demonstration of these Values:
- Hospitality - We're passionate about delivering exceptional guest experiences.
- Integrity - We do the right thing, all the time.
- Leadership - We're leaders in our industry and in our communities.
- Teamwork - We're team players in everything we do.
- Ownership - We're the owners of our actions and decisions.
- Now - We operate with a sense of urgency and discipline.
In addition, we look for the demonstration of the following key attributes:
- Customer Focus
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
Hilton is the leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!